- For those that wish to belay (hold the ropes) and are not already certified to do so at AZR, there is a 1-hour belay class. The class costs $29 and includes your admission to the facility and gear for the day. For complete information about and schedule of classes, click here.
- AZR staff does not belay (hold the ropes). Nobody under the age of 15 is allowed to belay unless they take the Youth Belay Certification class.
- For those that do not wish to learn how to belay, there are 8-10 autobelays available, as well as bouldering (climbing without ropes on the shorter walls), the treadwall, yoga and the Ninja Warrior training course. There is still plenty of climbing and other fun things to do!
- We do not recommend planning on less than 2 hours for your first visit. It may take 20-45 minutes to get through the orientation process and you want to have plenty of time to climb.
- 1-hour belay classes are run at set times each day. For the current schedule, click here.
- Anyone that has not belayed at AZR before or within the last 6 months, is required to take the belay class, or can opt to test out (see info below). Please remember, nobody under the age of 15 is allowed to belay, unless they complete the Youth Belay Certification class.
- The belay class costs $29 and includes your day pass and gear (unlimited climbing, access to yoga classes and fitness equipment).
- All participants of the belay class must complete a digital waiver prior to arrival for class. For those under the age of 18, their own parent must complete this.
- Must display understanding of and retention of information taught during class, as well as be able to demonstrate all required aptitudes covered in the class to get belay certified at the end of class.
- Those taking the class may be required to climb for other students. We may also ask for non-belaying parties to climb for those in the belay class.
- Belay classes can be scheduled online or at the facility. Payment is required at time of registration.
- Belay classes cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will not receive a refund.
- If there are spots available, advanced registration is not required (if you show up at the facility at 3:45p and would like to take the 4:00p class, you are welcome to as long as there is space). However, we do recommend advanced registration to secure a spot.
- Anyone that does not pass the belay class will have the opportunity to take 1 more class at no additional charge.
- For those that already have a good base knowledge of climbing and know how to properly belay, there is an option to test out of the belay class.
- Tests are not scheduled; they are run based on availability of staff and traffic in the facility.
- There are set criteria that must be demonstrated to pass the test. If you do any of the things on the IMPROPER LIST, you will automatically fail the test regardless of your abilities to perform the other actions.
- There is a $29 deposit required to take the belay test. If you pass the test, you will get your deposit back. If you fail, you can put the $29 deposit towards a belay class if you would like.
- If you are interested in testing out, click here for the document explaining what you need to know/skills you will need to demonstrate.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.