OPEN TO MEMBERS & PUBLIC
All visitors must register for a session in advance (this means all participants and spectators, both members and public hours). Use the buttons below to schedule climbing and/or yoga sessions.
All visitors (both participants and spectators) must complete both the Gym Liability Waiver (only if you have not completed in the last 12 months) and the Covid Entrance Survey before your can enter the gym. We recommend doing this before arrival.
*Masks are required for all visitors. Masks must be worn properly (over both nose and mouth) for the duration of the visit, including while climbing. Maricopa County requires that anyone over the age of 2 wear a mask.*
Gym Liability Waiver
If not completed in last 12 Months
Covid Entry Survey
Reserve A Session
AZ on the Rocks is a huge, fully air-conditioned rock climbing and fitness facility with a focus on customer service. Our rock and fitness gym offers approximately 14,000 + square feet of climbing terrain, an intimate yoga studio with a full schedule of classes, exercise and fitness equipment and a Ninja Warrior Rig. No experience is necessary and no reservations are required. AZ on the Rocks rents all gear necessary and provides basic instruction to all first-time visitors.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Everyone that is climbing or using the fitness area is required to go through an orientation on their first visit to our facility, regardless of climbing experience. This includes a short video, followed by hands-on instruction with our staff.
- Customers that are only attending a yoga class are not required to go through the orientation.
- For those that wish to belay (hold the ropes) and are not already certified to do so at AZR, there is a 1-hour belay class. The class costs $29 and includes your admission to the facility and gear for the day. For complete information about and schedule of classes, click here.
- If you have belayed before and can demonstrate proficient belay technique to our staff, you can test out of the belay class. Reference, “Do I Have to Belay Test.” section below.
- AZR staff does not belay (hold the ropes). Nobody under the age of 15 is allowed to belay unless they take the Youth Belay Certification class.
- For those that do not wish to learn how to belay, there are 8-10 autobelays available, as well as bouldering (climbing without ropes on the shorter walls) and the treadwall. There is still plenty of climbing.
- We do not recommend planning on less than 2 hours for your first visit. It may take 20-30 minutes to get through the orientation process and you want to have plenty of time to climb.
- AZR provides all of the necessary gear to get you climbing (harness, shoes, etc.), as well as yoga mats and props.
- We do ask that groups of 10 or more make reservations by contacting Stephanie@azontherocks.com.
WHO CAN CLIMB AND DO YOGA
The question we are most commonly asked is, “Who can climb? Who can do yoga?” The answer is simple – YOU. Period. End of story.
No matter your age, your size, your excuse-YOU CAN DO IT. We are an equal opportunity facility. We have seen as young as 18 months all the way up to 80 years on the wall. We offer yoga for all ages and ability levels.
We don’t allow the word “can’t” in our facility when referring to your ability to climb or do yoga-particularly if you haven’t tried. Fear is learned, so our friendly staff is here to help you unlearn it and stop spreading it.
WHAT ARE THE AGE RESTRICTIONS
- Anybody under the age of 18 must have a digital waiver completed by their own parent. No exceptions. Grandparents, aunts, friends, etc. are not able to sign for a minor.
- Nobody under the age of 15 is allowed to be at the facility without adult supervision. Anybody under the age of 15 that wishes to use the facility must be accompanied by someone that is 18 or older (a 16 year old is not able to be responsible for a 14 year old).
- Nobody under the age of 15 is allowed to belay (hold the ropes) unless they have gone through the Youth Belay Certification course.
WHAT TO WEAR
- AZ on the Rocks enforces the following policy: During open public hours, anyone in the facility must be wearing a shirt (AZR defines a shirt as long/short sleeve or sleeveless garment-such as a tank top-covering the torso. The shirt must cover the belly button and nipples, i.e. no half shirts, sports bras or shirts with large open sides). The only exception to this policy is during ‘Members Only Hours’ (Monday-Friday 12:00-3:00p, Tue/Thur 7:00-10:00p) when males can climb shirtless and females can climb in a sports bra if they choose.
- Any comfortable clothing that allows for movement (jeans are not recommended) will do just fine. We do not recommend short shorts (such as cheer shorts) as they are not long enough to keep the harness from rubbing on the legs.
- We do not require socks with our rental shoes, but feel free to bring/wear them if you prefer.
HOW LONG IS THE ORIENTATION
- Any climbers that are new to our facility will watch a short orientation video and go through a brief hands-on overview with our staff.
- Orientation for new climbers are run through the day as needed until 7:30p weekdays/5:30p weekends.
DO I HAVE TO BELAY TEST
- For those that already have a good base knowledge of climbing and know how to properly belay, there is an option to test out of the belay class.
- Tests are not scheduled; they are run based on availability of staff.
- There are set criteria that must be demonstrated to pass the test. If you do any of the things on the IMPROPER LIST, you will automatically fail the test regardless of your abilities to perform the other actions.
- There is a $29 deposit required to take the belay test. If you pass the test, you will get your deposit back. If you fail, you can put the $29 deposit towards a belay class if you would like.
- If you are interested in testing out, click here for the document explaining what you need to know/skills you will need to demonstrate.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.